Well, today’s post is about relaxing at home. You see, when we are off work, we tend to handle all the busy, stressful things that we never can get done on a normal day. Well, today, I just did not care. I need to relax. Relaxing is defined as “make or become less tense or anxious.” And I’ll be damned if I seem to be the most tense person around.
So today, was a means to an end. I decided to truly relax by having everyone out of the house. I vowed to sit back with a glass of lime juice and vodka, catch up on my television shows, and kick back on my reclining sofa.
Damn, today felt good!
Unfortunately, my day didn’t go 100% as planned. One kid went off to a friend’s house while the other had to stay home because his idea of planning a day at the gym just did not go well. So, he did kick back in his room most of the day, watching TV as well as some study time (a day out of school does not equal a day of no study).
We did have fried chicken and pancakes (hey, no waffles, don’t judge us)
- Soda all day
- TV time together
But there were NO:
- Strenuous work
- Complicated phone conversations
Now I can go to work tomorrow with a fresh mind and be less tense.
20 Things You Can Do On Your Day Off Work
There are plenty of things you can do on a day off work. Just get one day, if possible, out of the month to do nothing but something you’ve been longing to do.
- Sleep in
- Go to the library the night before and grab a book
- Read blog posts and articles online
- Take a free class online
- Play Facebook games
- Download a new game to your phone and master it
- Catch up with Amazon, Netflix, or DVR shows
- Start off a bunch of potted plants
- Make a cute clutch purse
- Watch YouTube videos on hair styles
- Phone a friend!
- Cook an amazing meal that takes over 1 hour to prepare
- Read up on wines and join a wine club
- Make cookies or brownies
- Start your own blog
- Color an adult coloring book
- Go in your closet and create a few new outfits for yourself
- Take a trip to a thrift store in a really good neighborhood
- Go out on a date with yourself
- Make some bath salts or soaps
What do you do to relax on your day off work?