Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
If you’re looking to get a jump on an awesome summer beverage, this copycat Red Robin Strawberry Lemonade is where it’s at. It’s tangy, yet sweet! Feel free to adjust the ingredients to make it just as sweet or sour as you want. And of course, it’s not expensive to make.
- About 12 large fresh strawberries
- 9 - 10 lemons
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Squeeze juice out of lemons. Save the rinds of one lemon. Refrigerate.
- In a saucepan, bring water, 1 1/2 cup sugar, and saved lemon rind to a boil, stirring regularly to dissolve sugar. Set syrup aside to cool.
- Chop the strawberries into large chunks.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar to strawberries. Mix well and set aside for about 45 minutes.
- Strain the strawberries out. Refrigerate the strawberries until ready to serve.
- In a pitcher, combine lemon juice, lemon syrup, strawberry syrup, and 2 cups of cold water. Refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, add about a tablespoon of strained strawberries to the drink for extra flavor and garnishing.
Now of course, if it’s Friday night, add an ounce or so of your favorite vodka to kick it up a notch … as Emeril says, BAM!